Auditions for the choral society are held each season in August and January.
Spring 2022 Auditions are scheduled for:
January 10, 2022 at First United Church of Christ – 1017 Todds Ln, Hampton, VA 23666
Auditionees should be able to read music, possess a good command of their voice, and be willing to work on their music outside of rehearsals. If the date listed above is a problem, please contact the Audition Coordinator below.
Rehearsals are held from 7:00-9:30 pm on Monday evenings from August through May.
All interested singers should complete the Registration form. You will be contacted by Patricia Fielding, our Auditions Coordinator, to schedule an audition. Auditions and Rehearsals are held at the First United Church of Christ – 1017 Todds Ln, Hampton, VA 23666.
Rehearsal Guidelines – PLEASE READ
To provide the safest possible environment for our singers, the Board has made the following decisions regarding rehearsals:
- ALL SINGERS MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED TO ATTEND REHEARSALS. Because singing is identified as a high-risk activity (and with the highly contagious COVID Delta variant moving quickly among unvaccinated people), the best way to protect our members is to have a fully vaccinated chorus. Your appearance at rehearsal signals that you are attesting to having been fully vaccinated.
- MASKS and social distancing will be required.
- If you are not feeling well or are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please remain at home: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell.
- Rehearsals for the spring 2022 session will begin on Monday, January 31, 2022 via Zoom. Sopranos and Altos will meet from 7:00 – 7:50, Tenors and Basses will meet from 8:00 – 8:50. Focus will be on drilling notes and parts to prepare for our return to in person rehearsals. The decision of when we will be able to return to in-person rehearsals will be made on a week-by-week basis, decided in time for the Friday newsletter to inform choir members of the plan. The decision will be made by considering current case numbers in Eastern Virginia and any other information the CDC and scientists have to tell us about the variants around.
Patricia Fielding, Audition Coordinator:
[phone] (703) 939-1602
Auditions consist of:
– Pitch memory, range, and vocal strength exercises
– Basic sight-singing
– Verse 1 of My Country Tis of Thee
– (Optional) Prepared piece