Step One: Submit
The deadline to submit applications for 2021 scholarships is Midnight,
Friday, April 9
Monday, April 19th.
If you have already submitted please resubmit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a complete application ELECTRONICALLY, VIA EMAIL ONLY
There will be two awards of $2000 each.
A complete application consists of:
- A completed and signed Scholarship application data form (Click here)
- Statement of your career aspirations and motivation for studying music. Consider the following when preparing your statement (no more than 2 pages)
- What does the study of music mean to me and to the world?
- Why do I plan to study music in the next phase of my education?
- What type of degree or program am I seeking to enter, and why?
- What special qualities or experience do I have which will make me the
best candidate for the scholarship?
- Official High school or home-school transcript(s), showing courses taken and grades
- At least one, but no more than three, letter of recommendation, written by someone familiar with your skills and talents. Recommendation letters can be from one of the following:
- Vocal coach or instructor
- High school choir or group ensemble director or teacher
- Church choir director
- Other entity such as a music camp or special program director
Be sure that all documents submitted have your name affixed.
Please attach all forms to an email addressed to email@example.com, and submit no later than midnight on April 19, 2021. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or text 757 329 2767 if you are experiencing any technical difficulties with your email submission. All submissions will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Step Two: Audition
The committee will contact the top applicants to schedule a VIRTUAL audition, which consists of a solo vocal performance submitted via media IN ADVANCE and a virtual interview with the Scholarship Committee to be scheduled once the video has been received.
Your performance video should be of a quality that would typically be required by a college program admission process. No particular genre is required; you may submit anything that best showcases your talents.
Please be prepared to provide access to your videos via a cloud drive or other available source, since media files tend to be too large to attach to email. This is a requirement ONLY if you are notified that you are one of the finalists and are being called for a virtual audition and interview, after the application window closes; but you should be prepared to provide this media shortly after being notified that you are a finalist.
If you are not chosen to audition, you will also be notified.
Step Three: Recognition
Scholarship award winners are typically recognized on our website, through press-releases in local media, and at our performances. You will be asked to provide a head shot or other photos (you must approve for release) or to participate virtually by means of a short video in our spring virtual performances, May 7 – 9, 2021.